Living Outside Your Comfort Zone in Retirement
For many people, retirement is a time to relax and take it easy. But for others, it's an opportunity to start living outside their comfort zone. There are so many things to do and see in the world, and retirement is the perfect time to explore. Here are just a few ideas on how to broaden your horizons.
Try a New Hobby
Now that you don't have any work commitments, you have the time to experience everything retirement offers. This is also a great time to try new things. Today you have the chance to pursue something you've always wanted to do by learning a new hobby or skill. There are no limits to what you can try. Have you always admired people who know how to dance, sail, or paint? Go right ahead. You can be one of them!
Travel with a Purpose
For many retirees, working careers included an annual vacation. A typical holiday probably lasted a week or two, usually in a location tailored to relieve the stresses of life. So doing anything beyond sipping a fruity cocktail, hitting the links, or just relaxing by the pool may have been inconceivable. But now you have the chance to travel with a purpose that may involve humanitarian trips, visiting your ancestral origins, or immersing yourself deep within a new, exotic culture.
Seek Out Thrills
Much of our lifestyle conforms to the norm. This often means limited risk-taking and following the safest path. While we are not advocating doing anything inherently dangerous, now is the time to try something truly thrilling. Sky and scuba diving are popular choices among retirees. But how about a flight in a fighter jet, zip-lining across a ravine, or going bear-watching in Alaska? There are endless opportunities to find a thrill!
You now have the opportunity to do whatever you want. It's okay to fear this new territory. After all, you've worked for so long, and now you have all this newfound time! You might feel uncomfortable stepping into your dancing shoes or strapping in for an adventure, and that's totally fine.
You'll learn, grow, and experience immense possibilities when you throw yourself into uncomfortable situations. And most importantly, live!
- Mastering the Mind: Techniques for Better Memory and Cognitive Function
- The Art of Productive Procrastination: How to Make the Most of Downtime
- How to enjoy and celebrate chilly, gloomy days
- Best Dog Breeds that Suit Your Needs
- DIY Delights: Creative Projects for Seniors
- Coping with Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
- How to Trim Down Hidden Costs of Flying
- How to Experience Positive Aging (8 Tips)
- How much should you actually have in savings?
- How to Build Sustainable Wealth
- Enhancing Resilience as We Age
- Tips to Consider when Selecting a Contractor
- The best herbs to grow for beginners
- Is celebrating your 100th birthday no longer a dream?
- Summer Workouts for Your Dose of Vitamin D
- Music and Your Wellbeing
- How to Dispose of Unused Medications
- Aging and Our Body’s Ability to Heal Itself
- What is Credit Health Insurance? (Copy1)
- What is Credit Health Insurance? (Copy)
- Waking Up to the Impact of Insomnia
- What experts say about raising the retirement age
- Sharing the Road with Cyclists
- Does Uber Insurance Cover Passengers?
- Living Your Best Life After 60
- Self-Love Ideas for Valentine’s Day
- Life Without Clutter
- Winter Hydration – Do I Need It?
- Why Do I Keep Breaking My New Year's Resolutions?
- Closing Out the Year with a Smile!
- How to Enjoy a Long Layover
- How Social Security Cost-of-Living Adjustments Affect Your Taxes
- 10 Tips for Managing Cholesterol Levels
- 3 Top Tips for Better Posture
- Fun Part-Time Jobs for Retirees
- Living Outside Your Comfort Zone in Retirement
- 16 Tips for Keeping Your Home Secure While You’re Away
- Should You Insure Your Gifts?
- The Most Important Fall Home Maintenance Tasks
- 7 Benefits of Slow Travel
- How to Retire Early
- 7 Tips to Weather Challenging Periods in Your Life
- Financial Planning After Saying “I Do!” - 3 Crucial Steps
- 4 of the Best Ways to Stay Healthy this Summer
- 3 Tips for Safer Grilling
- Tips to Avoid Stress Eating
- Signs Your Identity Has Been Stolen (and what to do about it)
- Know the Benefits of Walking
- Ways You Can Spend Less on Gas
- 4 Tips for a Less Stressful Summer
- What are the Safest States From Natural Disasters?
- How to Protect Your Home from Wildfires
- 7 Myths About Your Back Pain
- Don’t Throw Away Those Used Coffee Grounds
- Are Personal Items Covered by My Auto Insurance Policy?
- How to Spot Government Imposters
- Happiness Through Healthy Food
- 5 Creative Spring Décor Ideas
- 10 Ways to Maintain Healthy Joints
- How to Take Care of Your Personal Intangible Assets
- Dream All-Inclusive Trips to Escape the Cold
- Safety Tips for Driving in Winter
- Is Working from Home Covered by Homeowners Insurance?
- Giving and Forgiving
- Things We Are Grateful for This Year
- Maintenance Checklist for the Year-End
- How to Host a Successful Virtual Holiday Party
- Ben Franklin: Father of Modern Insurance
- Who Invented Insurance Anyway?
- Stacked vs Non-Stacked Uninsured Motorist Coverage
- The Art of Aging Well
- Insure What? Celebrity Body Parts Insured
- Using HSAs In Your Retirement Planning
- 6 Strange Insurance Policies You Can Buy
- Mistakes You can Make When Exercising at Home
- Forget Salad Recipes, Try a Salad “Matrix”
- Mortgages Dissected: Details to Know
- 5 Most Common Estate Planning Mistakes
- Bucket List Ideas and Why It’s Important
- Insurance Coverage All Small Business Owners Must Consider
- Don’t Lose Non-Refundable Down Payments with Travel Insurance
- 8 Gas Savings Tips During Summer
- Keeping Your Landscaping Lush Under the Hot Summer Sun
- Safety Tips for Outdoor Barbecues
- Should You Pay Off Debt or Save For Retirement?
- The Last Guide to Chair Yoga You’ll Ever Need
- Smart Things to Consider When Buying a House
- Tips for Making Dinnertime Special
- Understanding Hurricane Deductibles
- Why Gardening is Good for Your Health
- Back to Work: How Businesses Are Trying to Make Workers Feel Safe
- Reducing Stress Through Music
- How to Live Without Regrets
- Benefits of Grateful Living