Does Uber Insurance Cover Passengers?
Auto insurance is one of the most critical policies you will ever own. This is especially true for Uber drivers, who not only need to ensure they are adequately covered, but also must know exactly what their policy covers.
Uber, like many other ride-sharing companies, offers its drivers a type of auto insurance. However, this coverage doesn’t always provide drivers with the protection they need. When it comes to auto insurance, Uber’s policies include liability, uninsured motorist, and collision and comprehensive coverage.
Here's what Uber's insurance covers:
Liability coverage: Uber provides $1 million in liability coverage per accident, which covers bodily injury and property damage to third parties.
Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage: If you are involved in an accident with an uninsured or underinsured driver, Uber provides coverage up to $1 million.
Comprehensive and collision coverage: Uber provides comprehensive and collision coverage for your vehicle if you have your own policy that includes those coverages. This coverage is subject to a $1,000 deductible.
Liability coverage protects drivers from the costs associated with property damage and bodily injuries caused in an accident. Uninsured motorist coverage protects drivers from losses incurred by drivers who lack insurance or are without enough coverage to pay for the damage they caused. Collision and comprehensive coverage protects drivers from the costs of repairs to their vehicles resulting from an accident or other events, such as theft or vandalism.
Simply put, if you are logged into the Uber app and transporting paying customers, Uber insurance provides coverage for your passengers.
While Uber’s policies may seem comprehensive, however, the coverage provided isn’t always enough. There are some coverage gaps that Uber drivers should be aware of:
Period 1: When you're logged into the Uber app but haven't yet accepted a ride, you're not covered by Uber's insurance. During this period, you're only covered by your personal auto insurance policy.
Personal use: When you're not logged into the Uber app, you're only covered by your personal auto insurance policy.
It's important to note that your personal auto insurance policy may not cover you while you're driving for Uber, especially during Period 1. That's why it's crucial to have the right auto insurance coverage in place to protect yourself and your passengers.
If you have any questions or concerns about your auto insurance coverage as an Uber driver, please don't hesitate to contact me. I'd be more than happy to help you find the right coverage to meet your needs and keep you and your passengers protected when on the road.
- Mastering the Mind: Techniques for Better Memory and Cognitive Function
- The Art of Productive Procrastination: How to Make the Most of Downtime
- How to enjoy and celebrate chilly, gloomy days
- Best Dog Breeds that Suit Your Needs
- DIY Delights: Creative Projects for Seniors
- Coping with Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
- How to Trim Down Hidden Costs of Flying
- How to Experience Positive Aging (8 Tips)
- How much should you actually have in savings?
- How to Build Sustainable Wealth
- Enhancing Resilience as We Age
- Tips to Consider when Selecting a Contractor
- The best herbs to grow for beginners
- Is celebrating your 100th birthday no longer a dream?
- Summer Workouts for Your Dose of Vitamin D
- Music and Your Wellbeing
- How to Dispose of Unused Medications
- Aging and Our Body’s Ability to Heal Itself
- What is Credit Health Insurance? (Copy1)
- What is Credit Health Insurance? (Copy)
- Waking Up to the Impact of Insomnia
- What experts say about raising the retirement age
- Sharing the Road with Cyclists
- Does Uber Insurance Cover Passengers?
- Living Your Best Life After 60
- Self-Love Ideas for Valentine’s Day
- Life Without Clutter
- Winter Hydration – Do I Need It?
- Why Do I Keep Breaking My New Year's Resolutions?
- Closing Out the Year with a Smile!
- How to Enjoy a Long Layover
- How Social Security Cost-of-Living Adjustments Affect Your Taxes
- 10 Tips for Managing Cholesterol Levels
- 3 Top Tips for Better Posture
- Fun Part-Time Jobs for Retirees
- Living Outside Your Comfort Zone in Retirement
- 16 Tips for Keeping Your Home Secure While You’re Away
- Should You Insure Your Gifts?
- The Most Important Fall Home Maintenance Tasks
- 7 Benefits of Slow Travel
- How to Retire Early
- 7 Tips to Weather Challenging Periods in Your Life
- Financial Planning After Saying “I Do!” - 3 Crucial Steps
- 4 of the Best Ways to Stay Healthy this Summer
- 3 Tips for Safer Grilling
- Tips to Avoid Stress Eating
- Signs Your Identity Has Been Stolen (and what to do about it)
- Know the Benefits of Walking
- Ways You Can Spend Less on Gas
- 4 Tips for a Less Stressful Summer
- What are the Safest States From Natural Disasters?
- How to Protect Your Home from Wildfires
- 7 Myths About Your Back Pain
- Don’t Throw Away Those Used Coffee Grounds
- Are Personal Items Covered by My Auto Insurance Policy?
- How to Spot Government Imposters
- Happiness Through Healthy Food
- 5 Creative Spring Décor Ideas
- 10 Ways to Maintain Healthy Joints
- How to Take Care of Your Personal Intangible Assets
- Dream All-Inclusive Trips to Escape the Cold
- Safety Tips for Driving in Winter
- Is Working from Home Covered by Homeowners Insurance?
- Giving and Forgiving
- Things We Are Grateful for This Year
- Maintenance Checklist for the Year-End
- How to Host a Successful Virtual Holiday Party
- Ben Franklin: Father of Modern Insurance
- Who Invented Insurance Anyway?
- Stacked vs Non-Stacked Uninsured Motorist Coverage
- The Art of Aging Well
- Insure What? Celebrity Body Parts Insured
- Using HSAs In Your Retirement Planning
- 6 Strange Insurance Policies You Can Buy
- Mistakes You can Make When Exercising at Home
- Forget Salad Recipes, Try a Salad “Matrix”
- Mortgages Dissected: Details to Know
- 5 Most Common Estate Planning Mistakes
- Bucket List Ideas and Why It’s Important
- Insurance Coverage All Small Business Owners Must Consider
- Don’t Lose Non-Refundable Down Payments with Travel Insurance
- 8 Gas Savings Tips During Summer
- Keeping Your Landscaping Lush Under the Hot Summer Sun
- Safety Tips for Outdoor Barbecues
- Should You Pay Off Debt or Save For Retirement?
- The Last Guide to Chair Yoga You’ll Ever Need
- Smart Things to Consider When Buying a House
- Tips for Making Dinnertime Special
- Understanding Hurricane Deductibles
- Why Gardening is Good for Your Health
- Back to Work: How Businesses Are Trying to Make Workers Feel Safe
- Reducing Stress Through Music
- How to Live Without Regrets
- Benefits of Grateful Living