How to Host a Successful Virtual Holiday Party
This year, many families are still celebrating the holidays apart, but that doesn't mean your virtual gathering can't be memorable!
You can gather with your loved ones online and still enjoy a wonderful feast, holiday festivities, and holiday cheer with your family. Hosting a virtual holiday party takes a little extra planning, but once you've set up, you can sit back and celebrate just as you would in person.
Here are some pointers to make your virtual holiday party a success!
Set Up Everyone's Platform Ahead of Time
Elderly relatives may need additional assistance figuring out how to connect to your platform. You could use Facetime, Zoom, or a whole slew of other platforms to host a large group of people at once.
A week or two before your online event, make sure everyone's accounts are all set up. Run a test call for practice! And don't forget a backup plan in case anyone experiences connectivity issues. Of course, make sure whatever platform you choose can host all your invitees.
Have Your Charger Handy
The last thing you want is to drop out of the call mid-dinner! Make sure your devices are fully charged beforehand. Also, keep an extra charger or set of batteries (depending on your device) handy so you can stay with your family throughout the evening. A friendly email reminder can help others do the same.
Just because you're physically apart doesn't mean you can't whip up a storm in the kitchen! Schedule a call with some relatives early in the morning to prep your appetizers, meals, and special treats together. Sharing some recipes and making the same meals can make you feel even closer.
Remember to Take Pictures
You can take screenshots of the entire event to capture all the holiday memories despite the distance. The ability to take screenshots is often an overlooked feature, but is perfect for virtual parties. However, every device is different. For example, Apple products usually have a simple snapshot button while Android devices might require simultaneously clicking various buttons.
With a quick Google search, send your invitees instructions on how to take screenshots. Then after the event, ask everyone to share the pictures they took. And just like regular photographs, it might just be as difficult making sure no one's blinking!
- Smart Home Technology: How it Affects Your Property Insurance
- 3 Common Sense Things People Should Know
- Unraveling the Mystery of the Extra Day
- Financial Fitness in 2024: Budgeting and Saving Tips
- New Year's Resolutions: Staying Committed Year Round
- The Magic of Christmas Traditions
- How to be a Time Management Whiz During this Busy Season
- Mastering the Mind: Techniques for Better Memory and Cognitive Function
- The Art of Productive Procrastination: How to Make the Most of Downtime
- How to enjoy and celebrate chilly, gloomy days
- Best Dog Breeds that Suit Your Needs
- DIY Delights: Creative Projects for Seniors
- Coping with Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
- How to Trim Down Hidden Costs of Flying
- How to Experience Positive Aging (8 Tips)
- How much should you actually have in savings?
- How to Build Sustainable Wealth
- Enhancing Resilience as We Age
- Tips to Consider when Selecting a Contractor
- The best herbs to grow for beginners
- Is celebrating your 100th birthday no longer a dream?
- Summer Workouts for Your Dose of Vitamin D
- Music and Your Wellbeing
- How to Dispose of Unused Medications
- Aging and Our Body’s Ability to Heal Itself
- What is Credit Health Insurance? (Copy1)
- What is Credit Health Insurance? (Copy)
- Waking Up to the Impact of Insomnia
- What experts say about raising the retirement age
- Sharing the Road with Cyclists
- Does Uber Insurance Cover Passengers?
- Living Your Best Life After 60
- Self-Love Ideas for Valentine’s Day
- Life Without Clutter
- Winter Hydration – Do I Need It?
- Why Do I Keep Breaking My New Year's Resolutions?
- Closing Out the Year with a Smile!
- How to Enjoy a Long Layover
- How Social Security Cost-of-Living Adjustments Affect Your Taxes
- 10 Tips for Managing Cholesterol Levels
- 3 Top Tips for Better Posture
- Fun Part-Time Jobs for Retirees
- Living Outside Your Comfort Zone in Retirement
- 16 Tips for Keeping Your Home Secure While You’re Away
- Should You Insure Your Gifts?
- The Most Important Fall Home Maintenance Tasks
- 7 Benefits of Slow Travel
- How to Retire Early
- 7 Tips to Weather Challenging Periods in Your Life
- Financial Planning After Saying “I Do!” - 3 Crucial Steps
- 4 of the Best Ways to Stay Healthy this Summer
- 3 Tips for Safer Grilling
- Tips to Avoid Stress Eating
- Signs Your Identity Has Been Stolen (and what to do about it)
- Know the Benefits of Walking
- Ways You Can Spend Less on Gas
- 4 Tips for a Less Stressful Summer
- What are the Safest States From Natural Disasters?
- How to Protect Your Home from Wildfires
- 7 Myths About Your Back Pain
- Don’t Throw Away Those Used Coffee Grounds
- Are Personal Items Covered by My Auto Insurance Policy?
- How to Spot Government Imposters
- Happiness Through Healthy Food
- 5 Creative Spring Décor Ideas
- 10 Ways to Maintain Healthy Joints
- How to Take Care of Your Personal Intangible Assets
- Dream All-Inclusive Trips to Escape the Cold
- Safety Tips for Driving in Winter
- Is Working from Home Covered by Homeowners Insurance?
- Giving and Forgiving
- Things We Are Grateful for This Year
- Maintenance Checklist for the Year-End
- How to Host a Successful Virtual Holiday Party
- Ben Franklin: Father of Modern Insurance
- Who Invented Insurance Anyway?
- Stacked vs Non-Stacked Uninsured Motorist Coverage
- The Art of Aging Well
- Insure What? Celebrity Body Parts Insured
- Using HSAs In Your Retirement Planning
- 6 Strange Insurance Policies You Can Buy
- Mistakes You can Make When Exercising at Home
- Forget Salad Recipes, Try a Salad “Matrix”
- Mortgages Dissected: Details to Know
- 5 Most Common Estate Planning Mistakes
- Bucket List Ideas and Why It’s Important
- Insurance Coverage All Small Business Owners Must Consider
- Don’t Lose Non-Refundable Down Payments with Travel Insurance
- 8 Gas Savings Tips During Summer
- Keeping Your Landscaping Lush Under the Hot Summer Sun
- Safety Tips for Outdoor Barbecues
- Should You Pay Off Debt or Save For Retirement?
- The Last Guide to Chair Yoga You’ll Ever Need
- Smart Things to Consider When Buying a House
- Tips for Making Dinnertime Special
- Understanding Hurricane Deductibles
- Why Gardening is Good for Your Health
- Back to Work: How Businesses Are Trying to Make Workers Feel Safe
- Reducing Stress Through Music
- How to Live Without Regrets
- Benefits of Grateful Living