Insure What? Celebrity Body Parts Insured
Insurance is a financial instrument to protect valuable assets. For most people, this means purchasing policies to cover such assets such as a home or vehicle. But for the athletes, entertainers, and musicians, their most important asset is themselves!
Check out the valuations these ten celebrities placed on their most valuable asset…
David Beckham – During his time as a professional soccer player, David insured his legs for an astounding $140 million in the event an injury ended his career.
Mariah Carey – The ability to tour and promote talent is a musician’s greatest asset. Mariah insured not only her voice for $35 million, but also her legs for another $35 million in case an injury prevented her from performing.
Daniel Craig – James Bond may seem invisible, but the actor behind the British spy isn’t. To protect his earning potential from the lucrative movie series, Daniel insured his entire body for starring in the film “Quantum of Solace” back in 2008.
Jamie Lee Curtis – A successful actress in her own right, you may think Jamie Lee purchased insurance before performing in such great files as “Halloween” and “True Lies.” But it was L’Eggs pantyhose that bought a $1 million policy on her legs to protect their beloved spokesperson.
America Ferrera – With a snow-white smile, “Ugly Betty” start America Ferrera landed a spokesperson spot with Aquafresh White Trays. To protect their investment, GlaxoSmithKline insured her smile for a cool $10 million.
Tom Jones - Proving that anything can be insured, Tom made sure that if anyone of his millions of fans happen to pluck off some of his chest hair, his $6.9 million insurance policy would recoup any financial losses if his sex appeal were diminished.
Heidi Klum – During her thirteen-year run as the host of “Project Runway”, the production company insured Heidi’s legs for $2 million. Due to a scar, her left leg was valued slightly more than her right.
Julia Roberts – Since her breakout role in “Pretty Woman”, actress Julia Roberts will forever be known for her pearly whites. So much so, Lancome insured her teeth for $30 million while she represented the fragrance brand.
Keith Richards – This Rolling Stones legend knew how valuable his hands were and purchased a $1.6 million policy. There is debate, however, whether both hands were insured or just the middle finger on his left hand (for chord playing of course).
Bruce Springsteen – The New Jersey legend’s gravely voice was insured for $6m back in the 1980’s during the height of his fame as the voice of American rock n’ roll.
Have a key physical "asset" worth millions? Call us and we can help come up with a plan to insure it.
- Mastering the Mind: Techniques for Better Memory and Cognitive Function
- The Art of Productive Procrastination: How to Make the Most of Downtime
- How to enjoy and celebrate chilly, gloomy days
- Best Dog Breeds that Suit Your Needs
- DIY Delights: Creative Projects for Seniors
- Coping with Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
- How to Trim Down Hidden Costs of Flying
- How to Experience Positive Aging (8 Tips)
- How much should you actually have in savings?
- How to Build Sustainable Wealth
- Enhancing Resilience as We Age
- Tips to Consider when Selecting a Contractor
- The best herbs to grow for beginners
- Is celebrating your 100th birthday no longer a dream?
- Summer Workouts for Your Dose of Vitamin D
- Music and Your Wellbeing
- How to Dispose of Unused Medications
- Aging and Our Body’s Ability to Heal Itself
- What is Credit Health Insurance? (Copy1)
- What is Credit Health Insurance? (Copy)
- Waking Up to the Impact of Insomnia
- What experts say about raising the retirement age
- Sharing the Road with Cyclists
- Does Uber Insurance Cover Passengers?
- Living Your Best Life After 60
- Self-Love Ideas for Valentine’s Day
- Life Without Clutter
- Winter Hydration – Do I Need It?
- Why Do I Keep Breaking My New Year's Resolutions?
- Closing Out the Year with a Smile!
- How to Enjoy a Long Layover
- How Social Security Cost-of-Living Adjustments Affect Your Taxes
- 10 Tips for Managing Cholesterol Levels
- 3 Top Tips for Better Posture
- Fun Part-Time Jobs for Retirees
- Living Outside Your Comfort Zone in Retirement
- 16 Tips for Keeping Your Home Secure While You’re Away
- Should You Insure Your Gifts?
- The Most Important Fall Home Maintenance Tasks
- 7 Benefits of Slow Travel
- How to Retire Early
- 7 Tips to Weather Challenging Periods in Your Life
- Financial Planning After Saying “I Do!” - 3 Crucial Steps
- 4 of the Best Ways to Stay Healthy this Summer
- 3 Tips for Safer Grilling
- Tips to Avoid Stress Eating
- Signs Your Identity Has Been Stolen (and what to do about it)
- Know the Benefits of Walking
- Ways You Can Spend Less on Gas
- 4 Tips for a Less Stressful Summer
- What are the Safest States From Natural Disasters?
- How to Protect Your Home from Wildfires
- 7 Myths About Your Back Pain
- Don’t Throw Away Those Used Coffee Grounds
- Are Personal Items Covered by My Auto Insurance Policy?
- How to Spot Government Imposters
- Happiness Through Healthy Food
- 5 Creative Spring Décor Ideas
- 10 Ways to Maintain Healthy Joints
- How to Take Care of Your Personal Intangible Assets
- Dream All-Inclusive Trips to Escape the Cold
- Safety Tips for Driving in Winter
- Is Working from Home Covered by Homeowners Insurance?
- Giving and Forgiving
- Things We Are Grateful for This Year
- Maintenance Checklist for the Year-End
- How to Host a Successful Virtual Holiday Party
- Ben Franklin: Father of Modern Insurance
- Who Invented Insurance Anyway?
- Stacked vs Non-Stacked Uninsured Motorist Coverage
- The Art of Aging Well
- Insure What? Celebrity Body Parts Insured
- Using HSAs In Your Retirement Planning
- 6 Strange Insurance Policies You Can Buy
- Mistakes You can Make When Exercising at Home
- Forget Salad Recipes, Try a Salad “Matrix”
- Mortgages Dissected: Details to Know
- 5 Most Common Estate Planning Mistakes
- Bucket List Ideas and Why It’s Important
- Insurance Coverage All Small Business Owners Must Consider
- Don’t Lose Non-Refundable Down Payments with Travel Insurance
- 8 Gas Savings Tips During Summer
- Keeping Your Landscaping Lush Under the Hot Summer Sun
- Safety Tips for Outdoor Barbecues
- Should You Pay Off Debt or Save For Retirement?
- The Last Guide to Chair Yoga You’ll Ever Need
- Smart Things to Consider When Buying a House
- Tips for Making Dinnertime Special
- Understanding Hurricane Deductibles
- Why Gardening is Good for Your Health
- Back to Work: How Businesses Are Trying to Make Workers Feel Safe
- Reducing Stress Through Music
- How to Live Without Regrets
- Benefits of Grateful Living